We all know that there are numerous ways on how to boost your brain capacity, productivity, and power. Some people decide to enter specific diets that are perfect for the brain such as ketogenic diet; however, since it features various initial side effects, some people cannot withstand everything that goes with it.
Nootropics, also known as smart drugs, brain boosters, or cognitive enhancers, are a combination of chemical compounds and ingredients that will enhance and boost your mental functions such as focus, mood, motivation, memory and attention span. There are a number of nootropics available in the market and you can check their websites like modafinil online so that you can learn more about the drug.
Even though it became popular among people all around us to use this particular type of drugs, you should understand that people used ingredients for brain-boosting for decades especially among entrepreneurs and computer programmers so that they can increase concentration and focus and improve memory formation that will allow them to solve more problems than before.
What Are Nootropics?
This particular word entered the general population at the beginning of the ’70s of the previous century when Romanian doctor Corneliu E Giurgea, created it by combining two Greek words where noos means mind and tropein means toward.
Most popular nootropics that people from tech world use are:
- Combination of L-theanine and caffeine that can provide you a calm state while improving your focus and concentration
- Bacopa Monnieri with the idea to enhance overall memory formation
- Ashwagandha can easily decrease stress while boosting your memory capacity without making your sleepy.
Since times are changing, the popularity of brain boosters increased enormously, and today, you can find numerous pharmaceutical companies that are popping to sell a wide array of brain supplements. The best thing about it they are that you will be able to enjoy in their effects, but of course, everything depends on what you wish to gain from them.
It does not matter if you wish to enhance motivation, mood, memory or focus, or to consume something that will help you cope with everyday stress so that you can sleep better, you will be able to gain these benefits by finding appropriate nootropics for your specific needs.
If you want to learn more on nootropics and their effects on the brain boosting, you should click here.
Different Types Of Nootropics
We can differentiate nootropics into two categories, which are found in nature or created in a lab. Of course, you can choose the combination of these two, because some manufacturers decided to combine synthetic and natural ingredients to reduce harmful side effects and increase the brain boosting.
Fabricated or Synthetic Nootropics
We have to start with synthetic nootropics that more and more people are using nowadays. The most common ones are Oxiracetam, Aniracetam, Piracetam, and other ones that come from the racetam family.
They will provide you wide array of implements from working memory to general cognition, but apart from that, they can also protect your neurons and maintain them along the way.
You should also have in mind that they will significantly improve the attention and memory especially among people that feature cognitive deterioration due to heart surgery or age. They can help you
- Improve color discrimination in a case that you’ve suffered brain trauma
- It will mitigate depression in people with cerebrovascular issues
Other popular nootropics that feature stimulant properties are Modafinil, Ritalin, and Adderall that features amphetamine inside. Adderall is common medication to treat ADHD, but most college students decide to abuse it with the idea to boost their energy and focus so that they can get better grades, stay up longer and only get things done with efficiency.
However, you should understand that it is highly addictive, and it comes with some side effects such as insomnia, anxiety attacks, headache, blurred vision and stomach problems, among others such as withdrawal symptoms you will have if you abuse it for days without stopping.
On the other hand, Modafinil is an energy drug that most physicians prescribe to people that feature hypersomnia and narcolepsy as well as other sleep disorders. When you decide to take it for brain-boosting purposes, it will suppress the effects of sleep deprivation, and you will be able to regain clarity and mental energy.
Check this link: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html to learn basic information about Modafinil.
Natural Herbal Nootropics
The opposite side when it comes to nootropics is herbal supplements that will help you increase the brainpower with ease. Most of them are common ingredients and herbs used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine.
You can choose numerous nootropics that are at the same time adaptogens, which means that they will reduce the body’s resistance to stress. The most popular ones are ginseng and ashwagandha
Their main effect is to reduce stress, fatigue and enhance cognition and memory while providing you overall brain protection along the way. The most popular herbal supplements for brain-boosting are:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – This particular amino acid feature acetylcholine, which is one of the most critical neurotransmitters that will help us improve memory and learning functions. It can also help you boost your alertness, mental clarity, memory, mood, focus, and processing speed, which is why we recommend you to take its supplementation. Apart from brain-boosting properties, it will help you fight depression, and according to some studies it is a more efficient choice than prescription antidepressants such as SSRI
- Ginseng – We have mentioned above that ginseng is one of the most popular adaptogens in the world used mainly in traditional Chinese medicine. It is known as the elixir of life, but when we compare Asian with the American one, we can say that for brain-boosting properties American ginseng is much more efficient and it features high demand even in China. According to studies, it can help you improve mental clarity, memory, as well as sharpness after a few hours of taking it.
- Arctic Root – This is another adaptogen that you should use to reduce biological stress and improve cognitive performance without harmful side effects. Similarly, as other adaptogens, it can help you handle both psychological and physiological stress. It will increase the amount of neurotransmitter such as dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin, which means that if you have trouble concentrating, brain fog as well as low energy followed by anxiety and stress, you should start using this particular natural supplement.